| Upcoming Gigs|
Performance & interview.
Tune in and check us out.
| Bands We Have Performed With|
- 99.3FM - CFOX
- Local Vancouver Rock Radio Station. Home of Vancouver Seed and bandFEST.
- 104.9FM - XFM
- Another Local Vancouver Rock Radio Station. Home of Last Band Standing.
- 101.9FM - CiTR
- The University of British Columbia's own Vancouver-based radio station.
- 101.1FM - CFMI
- Classic rock Vancouver radio station.
- 95.3FM - CKZZ
- Vancouver Dance and pop music radio station.
- Wayside has its own page here featuring
Discontent as our MP3 release.
- garageband.com is the website for Garageband Records - a new record label that
signs bands based on reviews from music lovers like you. So when you review
music at garageband.com, you help decide the fate of tens of thousands of new
| Music Industry Organizations|
Pacific Music Industry Association
- The co-sponsors of Vancouver Seeds. The Pacific Music Industry Association's fundamental core activities are
created to provide information about our industry and professional development
for our industry. These activities include the annual Pacific Music Industry
Directory for BC's music industry, the Pacific Music News and
producing regular seminars, workshops and information sessions throughout the
province of British Columbia.
- A group that provides grants to Canadian
- This organization distributes Indie CDs
in stores and keep track of them.
| Vancouver Festivals & Competitions|
- The NewMusicWest showcase festival is
solidly focused on the "buzz bands" and the musical talent just about to break.
211 acts in a multitude of musical genres will play in over 30 different
festival venues, including key rooms such as the Commodore and Richards, plus
non-traditional venues like the Penthouse. This event is held every year and features bands playing
all over town over a few days. NewMusicWest also features conferences featuring
big name guest speakers.
- bandFEST is a new music
competition based in British Columbia. It was created to give independent bands a
chance to showcase their talents in an exciting and competitive environment,
gain valuable experience in the music industry and for a lucky few. Take the
next step! This unique event creates a festival-type atmosphere mixed together
with a competition-based event.
CFOX's Vancouver Seeds
- This competition is sponsored by CFOX
99.3 and the Pacific Music Industry Association. It used to involve a battle of
the bands called DemoListen Derby and the release of a CD. Now they only release
the CD and have 6 winners.
XFM's Last Band Standing
- This competition is sponsored by XFM
104.9 and is partly decided by web vote and partly decided by a battle of the bands.
- 99.3 The Fox's Indie Night in Canada is proud to
present Livewrirepalooza 2003, Vancouver's biggest battle of the bands. 128
bands over 14 weeks in 4 different venues with only one band walking away with
all the cash and prizes.
The Harmony Arts Festival
- The Harmony Arts festival is based on
the North Shore and highlights
the talent of North Shore artists, sharing the value of arts appreciation and
the creation and building community pride and participation. Experience the arts
through exhibitions, demonstrations, studio tours, theatre, concerts, markets
and hands-on activities - all for FREE!
| Vancouver Clubs & Live Music Venues|
| Online Magazines & Entertainment Guides||
| Recent Forum Posts|
| :: [01.09.2003 13:54]|
:: [07.08.2003 11:10]
:: [05.07.2003 17:37]
| :: [02.05.2003]|